While much of the country struggles through an economic downturn, 21st century industries such as renewable energy, aerospace, bioscience, and information technology have helped the Colorado economy avoid dramatic fluctuations in unemployment and home values. With a quality of life that is unmatched, the Colorado economy is thriving due to the highly educated workforce that continues to attract growing companies.
Colorado Economic Information
Click on the links below to find information about the Colorado economy and to gain deeper insights on how it’s currently performing.
- Money Magazine: Cost of Living Calculator – Learn how far your salary will go in another city
- Metro Denver Monthly Economic Summary – Get a monthly summary of how the Colorado economy is performing by looking at economic indicators such as consumer confidence, home prices, unemployment rate and more.
- Wikipedia: Economy of Colorado – Find the Bureau of Economic Analysis data on Colorado along with other economic statistics like GDP, unemployment public finances and more.
- Governor’s Energy Office – An organization that effectively and efficiently advances energy efficiency and renewable clean energy resources, while also focusing on improving the Colorado economy by increasing business and job creation.
Colorado Business Resource Guide
The Colorado business resource guides below will help you understand more about the local economy of Denver and Castle Rock, Colorado.
- Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce – Learn about the different businesses operating within Castle Rock, Colorado.
- Castle Rock Economic Development Council (EDC) – A Colorado business resource guide that provides resources and information to Castle Rock residents and current and future business owners while fostering growth and economic development.
- Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation – Their mission is to enhance the regional Colorado economy through the retention and expansion of primary jobs and capital investment.
- Denver South Economic Development Partnership (Denver South EDP) – Their mission is to provide visionary economic development leadership, civic involvement and positive business advocacy in a non-partisan and collaborative manner to continuously improve the Colorado economy and high quality standard of living.
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Group – Is a Coloroado business resource guide that is one of the most influential forces in the Colorado region with three key areas of focus: public policy, development of the Colorado economy and business engagement.
- South Metro Denver Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – A Colorado business resource guide that helps existing new businesses grow and prosper by offering business consulting and training that maximize the economic potential of entrepreneurs.